QuickBooks error code H202 appears with a notification message saying the company file is on another computer and QuickBooks needs some help connecting. occurs when the accounting software tries to establish a connection with the company file but fails due to the following reasons.
· The hosting in configuration settings is incorrect.
· Your Windows firewall is blocking the communication of QuickBooks with the server.
· There is a conflict with the DNS server.
· QuickBooks is unable to access the IP address of the host system.
· Or there could be a possibility of a damaged or corrupted network data (.nd) file.
Once the actual reason is determined, an effective fix can also be identified. The following are some practical measures that can be taken to eliminate error H202 in QuickBooks.
1. The first solution is to test network connectivity. Open the Run window, type CMD and click enter. Now enter ping [servername] and hit enter once again.
2. Next, even try to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool which can help you resolve the network-related issues.
3. If nothing works then reconfiguring the firewall settings will do. Make sure to set QuickBooks as an exception in your Windows firewall.